Saturday, November 15, 2014

Getting Back On Track - Spiritually

As you have recognized from my last several posts, I have been fearful, angry, frustrated, and generally upset about a myriad of things – mostly at myself.
Last week I received the latest issue of a publication based on A Course In Miracles (ACIM) that I relish reading. It is The Holy Encounter, a publication of the Miracle Distribution Center, Anaheim, CA., www.miraclecenter.org. As I began perusing it, “Voilà!” There were two articles that seemed to be written just for me. Sometimes, as a writer, I read someone who has stated what I want to say in a way I just cannot improve. The following excerpts are from the November / December 2014 edition, pages 1, 4. They are reprinted here by permission of the publisher.
From Beverly Hutchison McNeff: “As the season of gratitude and peace approaches, it is often difficult for us to believe God is present in the painful, confusing situations of life, or that anything ‘good’ can come of a tragic circumstance. And, yet, this is our guarantee, for as we read in the Course, ‘All things work together for good. There are no exceptions except in the ego’s judgment.’ (ACIM, T-4.V.1:1)
“The face of God is in that person who judged me unjustly, the hand of God is working in the internal political struggle our country is going through, and the peace of God is the final outcome for that battle between those warring countries. Yes, God is present, not because He caused the problems in our lives or seeming pains and conflicts in the world. God is present because He can never be absent from our minds.  God is in our minds as the reminder that there is a better way, that love is our strength, that forgiveness is the key, and joining with my brother past the seeming circumstances of life is the way that Christ is recognized. In that recognition is salvation accomplished. ‘Salvation of the world depends on you who can forgive. Such is your function here.’ (ACIM, W-p1.186.14.5).
”So, it becomes plain to us that wherever we may find ourselves is exactly where we should be, for we are there to bring salvation to the world through our forgiveness of the situation, or rather through our willingness to let the Holy Spirit’s perception be ours. This healing in thought may not always bring change in the way we think it should appear or come as quickly as we think it should happen, but ‘healing is always certain.’ (ACIM, M-6.1:1)” (underlining is mine)
From Gerald Jampolsky, MD and Diane V. Cirincione-Jampolsky, PhD: “Spiritual vision [or seeing with the vision of the Holy Spirit ] is experiencing the world through Love’s eyes and not through our body’s ego eyes of fear. More and more we are remembering the only thing that is real and that never changes is our united connection with our Source. We believe our spiritual vision has a DNA of happiness, unconditional love, kindness, tenderness, and gentleness. It is celebrating the Light and Love we know we are and seeing only Love wherever we go…for that is what we are. It is celebrating freedom from our self-imposed ego prisons.
“For me, utilizing spiritual vision is remembering I am blind when I make interpretations followed by judgments of other’s behaviors based on what I see through my physical eyes. And I am sighted when I remind myself I am not my past or my glaucoma, nor am I my body. I am the essence of the Peace of God. Spiritual vision is to see everything through the eyes of a loving and gentle God; through our hearts and not our heads.”
To see with this kind of divine vision is not something I can make myself do as an act of sheer willpower. I can only be willing to allow it to happen. All I need to be able to do is step out of the way.
I heard a member of the Fellowship in a recent AA meeting say something that resonated with me. She explained exactly what I had been doing. She said, “A very good friend in the Program always told me, ‘You cannot fix this,’ he said while tapping his head, ‘with this!’ while tapping his head again.”
And that’s what I had been trying to do – fix my head with my head; fix my egoic thinking with my intellectual (but egoic) thoughts.
I have been trying to figure out and understand why I was allowing myself to get so angry, exasperated, and frustrated. I knew that I knew better, but I was unable to stop the vicious cycle of fear-anger-frustration, which was only leading to more fear-anger-frustration the more I tried to intellectually deal with my fear-anger-frustration.  This may not make sense to you but it surely does to me.
All I need to do is recognize what is going on and do nothing but acknowledge it and focus my attention on becoming willing to allow the Holy spirit to help me see things through His eyes.
I am finally getting back and what a difference that has made!
Although these messages are mostly for me, thanks for listening. As always – feel free to forward this message to your friends, family, and those accompanying you on your spiritual journey.
Don
#3 November 2014
Copyright, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment