Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Promise not a Threat


I will be out of town for several weeks and wanted let all of you know there will be no weekly messages for several weeks.
Never fear, however – I will be back, and that’s a promise, not a threat! (LOL)
So, stay focused on your real You – You are not a human body that has a soul or spirit; you are an already-loved eternal spirit currently having a human experience.
As you focus on that statement and let it truly sink in, it will begin to change how you think. It will begin to change how you respond to events and people. As you begin to think differently, you will begin doing things differently. As you begin to do things differently, you will begin thinking differently. It’s a wonderful revolving door.
That’s how the truth of this statement will begin to transform your existence.
That’s how it’s transformed mine.
The key for me, however, was to understand this process is a both/and. I need to begin disciplining my mind and doing things differently. For me, the mind discipline part has been the more difficult, and A Course in Miracles has been most helpful to me in that regard.
AA sums this up with its trademark bumper-sticker wisdom:
If you always do what you’ve always done,
you’ll always get what you’ve always got.
Thanks for being there for me.
Don
#2 May, 2012

PS: You can always go to the bottom of this message and click on “Message Archive.” This will take you to my page on BlogSpot. [ or you can go to: http://howbiblebecamebible.blogspot.com/ ] On the right side, just above my bio information, you will see the archived messages, listed by date. The numbers in parentheses refer to how many messages are archived there. Enjoy.

1 comment: