Saturday, June 3, 2017

Going With The Flow

MSG-01-Jun-2017
Title: Going With The Flow
Teaser:  God for us, we call you Father. God alongside us, we call you the Christ. God within us, we call you Holy Spirit.

I have been very remiss in my messages lately. I apologize.  There are just many issues brewing in my life right now and I am going through a phase where it is extremely difficult for me to concentrate or focus. Right now I am out of state on assignment – so this unease and lack of focus will continue for a while.  So, please bear with me.
I did receive this from a friend and wanted to pass it along to each of you. It is a brief meditation/essay on the Trinity. Although I stay away from “theological” kinds of discussions, this is simply very well done, as is most of his material. It is entitled Living in the Flow
“If the Trinitarian life flows between us, then every aspect of our lives is something that we can allow, enjoy, and steward. A Trinitarian theology gives you the understanding that you are being guided and you are participating in the Great Mystery. And it has very little to do with you except, like Mary, your “yes” – seems to be crucial. It matters. God does not operate uninvited or undesired.
“You are a part of the flow. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and you too-to the degree you say yes"—are also a giving and a receiving constituted by the same relationships of love that are the Trinity. (Enjoy that for the rest of your life!) You dare not stop this flow without losing your essential self. Each person of the Trinity welcomes one hundred percent of what is offered, which is entire and unrestricted, and then pays it forward one hundred percent. This flow is the origin of our notions of Grace and an Abundant Universe. There is Divine Generosity at the center of everything.
“You can live this Trinitarian mystery yourself. Trust love, trust communion, trust vulnerability, and trust mutuality. Always seek to be in relationship, finding little ways to serve others, to serve the sick, to serve the poor who cannot bay you back. Know that your heart is given to you and needs to be handed on, just like the Trinity. And you'll begin to know yourself inside this mystery called Love. There is actually nothing more to say. We could end the book right here.
“Don't try to work this out too much with your head. Just trust the flow of the most natural, dynamic, and positive energy that's already flowing through you. It will always feel like Love, and even love that sometimes hurts.
“‘God for us, we call you Father. God alongside us, we call you Jesus. God within us, we call you Holy Spirit.’”
As I’ve stated before, “I have to understand, on a visceral level, who the “Me” or “I” really is when I am speaking or thinking. The “I” that says to myself, “I really need a newer, more reliable car” is a different “I” than the one that says to Spirit, “I can’t do this anymore; help me perceive things the way You see them.”

Don
#1 June 2017

FCopyright 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment