Saturday, November 9, 2013

Communicating Where Prose Cannot

The degree of my upset-ness, anger, frustration, irritation, fear, resentment, self-righteousness, disappointment, emotional hurt, or sense of self-pity is always directly related to my attachment to anticipated outcomes, ideas, my sense of correctness/rightness, dreams, or memories as I want to remember them.  
I received a poem by Linda Kelley. My good friend Jeanette forwarded it to me. It is entitled “Attachment.” I have Ms Kelley’s permission to share this and her email address [bastcat3@yahoo.com] with each of you.
It is impossible for me to move forward in my spiritual development or my sense of internal peacefulness until my attachments are released, as a tree in autumn releases its leaves of summer. If a tree ignores the north wind of colder weather and the diminishing intensity of sunlight and tries to retain its sap – its moisture – it will only succeed in its untimely death. That’s a wake-up call for me.
Enjoy the poem and ponder its message.

ATTACHMENT
By Linda Kelley

Attachment stuck to whys
Attachment stuck to pain
Attachments stuck to injustice
Letting go ... the mind rebels
Letting go ... the mind goes back again....
resentment
Connected always to its source
Pain
in the mind
in the soul
attachment
in the memory
to be free I must let go ...
or remain here in the past
in the pain
relinquishing ... to release is not to condone
to let go is to end the pain ... I know but...
the mind rebels
stuck on whys
stuck on how could they?
stuck on the horror... the injustice....
the soul bleeds
the memory of pain
demanding
something unknown ...
acknowledgment ... seeking
relief
Attachments forming already channels to
new lives ...
new connections ....
another turn of the wheel
a path to endless retribution
is this justice?
another path is known
forgiveness
to let it go to be free
free of the wheel
nevermore to seek
retribution
to leave off the whys
so hard but so needed
and if I succeed my attachments converted to
love
will lift up all .... not to condone but to resolve
to be free
to rise to a plane glimpsed at
remembered
what need does a ball of light have of
attachment
I am complete
I will be
love is the law
there is no other
yet still .....
the mind rebels
Linda Kelley, March 2013

Although these messages are mostly for me, thanks for listening. As always – feel free to forward this message to your friends, family, and those accompanying you on your spiritual journey.
Don
#2 November, 2013
Copyright, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment