Saturday, October 26, 2013

Metaphysical Indigestion


This past week I took a pill for Raynaud's Syndrome. I take these pills for 5 months between mid-October and mid-March. It helps my extremities during the cold weather.
This time, however, since it was the first pill in 7 months, I began feeling woozy and very tired. I suddenly passed out – the result of an unexpected and extreme drop in blood pressure – scaring my wife and several friends who had dropped by. I was hospitalized for several days while they performed every test imaginable before they concluded it was the pill for Raynaud Syndrome not a heart attack or stroke.
I’m still not totally up to snuff, so this message is short. In fact I want to share a quote from Eric Butterworth [In the Flow of Life, Unity Publishing, 1994.]:
“Knowledge is received by tuition [that is, instruction]. …[W]isdom is unfolded from intuition, which flows into manifestation in your body and affairs. I hope to excite your mind with some helpful insights. An insight, however, is like the food you eat. To become energy, food is transformed by the process of metabolism. We do not become the food we eat; it turns into us.
“My goal is not to transfer the ‘gems of wisdom’ from these printed pages into your mind. The insights shared, which I believe will be helpful, must be transmuted into a consciousness of the flow of the creative process.  One could memorize every word [of this book] and be able to repeat it by rote, paragraph by paragraph, and in the end he would have an overloaded mind and possibly, even as Unity co-founder Charles Fillmore suggested, an uncomfortable experience of ‘metaphysical indigestion.’
“It is a common motivation to look for information by which to set things right. However, people are not in the world to set it right but to see it rightly. Jesus said, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand,’…but it is right seeing that is the key to experiencing it. In fact, right seeing leads to an actual outforming of it….
“[Seeing implies your eyes.] The word eye comes from a Sanskrit root word, which means ‘fountain.’ This is beautifully significant, for when your mind is remolded from within, you are synchronized with the omnipresent flow of God which streams out in the very act of seeing. You see from the consciousness of God. Thus you actually project this consciousness toward anything your eye beholds.”  [pp. 5-7]
This message from Butterworth is very similar to the reality AA old-timers told me, “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”  I’ve personally experienced that Truth many times working AA’s suggested program of recovery. I’ll change my attitude and my universe changes.
ACIM says the same thing: “Being willing to ask the Holy Spirit to help you see things differently will alter your perception of reality – from your tiny egoistic version to one based more on the spiritual reality of Oneness. When there I find peace.
Although these messages are mostly for me, thanks for listening. As always – feel free to forward this message to your friends, family, and those accompanying you on your spiritual journey.
Don.
#4 October, 2013
Copyright, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment